Day Excursion | Booking Conditions
DAY TRIP BOOKING CONDITIONS
All bookings are made subject to the following terms and conditions. Your contract is with A W Eastons Coaches Ltd.
1. Admissions Included where stated. National Trust (NT) and/or English Heritage (EH) members may use their cards but failure to bring your card will result in you having to pay full admission on the day.
2. Alcohol Not permitted to be consumed inside the coach.
3. Amendments You can transfer a day trip to another of equal or greater value and/or amend details of your current booking provided the request is made no later than 7 days before departure date. Any amendments are subject to a £5 administration fee. Where other services are included, i.e. theatre tickets, admission tickets etc, the transfer amount is subject to the conditions of the supplier and whether the relevant tickets have been purchased by us. Should this be the case, only the coach travel cost is transferable, with the remaining ticket price being treated as a cancellation.
4a. Rescheduled trips due to unforeseen circumstance If your day excursion has been rescheduled or you were given the option to transfer your booking due to unforeseen circumstances (Covid-19 for example) and you have agreed to the change, then standard bookings conditions will apply.
4b. If you have not notified us that any change to your rescheduled or transferred bookings are adequate, then standard booking conditions shall apply after 21 days from the date of the letter sent to you.
5. Animals Not permitted – guide dogs or hearing dogs excepted, UK trips only.
6. Booking Fares must be paid in full before departure date.
7. Brochure accuracy The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate at the time of going to press (March 2020).
8. Cancellation by Eastons Coaches Customers will be notified no later than seven days before departure and given a full refund. In these circumstances, no compensation is payable.
9. Cancellation by passenger Cancellations are strictly subject to the following charges:-Seven days or more before departure date – 50%. Less than seven days before departure date – no refund. Where other services are included i.e. issue of theatre tickets, admission tickets to a particular attraction etc., refunds are subject to the conditions of the supplier. All refund requests must be made in writing to our Head Office or your booking agent. PLEASE NOTE for those day trips that are priced on an all-inclusive basis the ticket cost will be excluded in any refund calculation.
10. Children’s fares Apply between the ages of 3 and 14. Children under 3 and not occupying a seat may travel free. All children must be accompanied by a full fare-paying adult.
11. Complaints Should be made in writing only to the Manager at our Head Office, within 14 days of the date of the trip.
12. Disabled persons We offer the same standard of service to all customers including the disabled. Wherever possible, we will accommodate disabled people, although we are limited in the assistance we can provide. Please notify us of any disability at the time of booking.
13. Group concessions For every ten full paying passengers, the eleventh travels free.
14a Late arrival of customer We will not be responsible, under any circumstances, for customers failing to board the coach at their allotted time or when instructed by the driver. Any additional travel costs incurred by the customer in those circumstances are not refundable.
14b Late arrival of coach For whatever reason, should the coach be late in arriving at its designated pick up point, at the day trip attraction itself or the return drop off we will not be liable to offer any form of compensation.
15. Lost property Should be claimed and collected from our Head Office within two weeks of travel.
16. Luggage and shopping Is carried at owner’s risk and must be clearly labelled.
17. Passports/visas It is the responsibility of the customer to check whether passports and or visas are required for European day trips.
18. Personal audio equipment Must not be played inside the coach. Excessive use of mobile phones is prohibited.
19a Seat numbers Due to different coach configurations and for operational reasons we may have to allocate different seat numbers, although this will be avoided as far as possible.
19b For single travelling passengers Eastons reserve the right to reallocate your seat to optimise the full capacity of the coach. We will always write to you in advance of any changes, but we will endeavour to keep changes to a minimum.
20. Senior citizen concessions Apply to those over the age of 60.
21. Setting down We set down in reverse order to the pick up circuit but in exceptional circumstances we may have to set down in the same picking up order.
22. Smoking Is prohibited.
23a Times-destination We are unable to specify the arrival point or time at the day trip destination and similarly the departure point and time as these may vary.
23b Times-home These are the approximate range of arrival times under normal traffic conditions.
24. Trip curtailment Should a day trip subsequently have to be curtailed due to unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical or other coach defects, any compensation shall be at the total discretion of Eastons.
25. Unreasonable conduct We will refuse a booking or terminate a passenger’s travel in the event of unreasonable conduct. Unreasonable conduct includes failure by customer to return to the coach at the time instructed by the driver in which case the driver will be entitled to depart and we shall not be held responsible for any extra travel or other costs subsequently incurred by the customer.
26. Our coaches We will endeavour to match all advertised coach specifications, however, reserve the right to use an alternative vehicle if circumstances arise. In these cases no compensation is payable.
booking conditions last updated 6/3/2020 and may be subject to change