We're good to go here at Eastons and we have been officially accredited by Visit England with their "We're Good to Go" mark. While a lot of work has been going on rescheduling holidays and day excursions behind the
scenes, we have also put the following measures in place to reassure you that our coaches are in-line with the industry guidelines:
* Thorough cleaning & wiping of all surfaces
* Hand sanitisers will be made available on all coaches and in our office
* Seating plans designed to reflect current government advice
* Social distance markers in our office
* Our drivers will be provided with PPE
* Coaches will be fogged on return to our depot
* Regular reviews of our risk assessment will take place to ensure we are always up to date with the current guidelines
* Regular updates will be made through our website and social media channels
Important Information! [updated 17/10/2020]
It’s important for the hospitality, leisure & coach industry that the message gets across that the recent announcement regarding the change in restrictions does NOT affect travel to hotels, attractions and venues across the UK in the tier 1 & 2 rules. We continue to communicate with all of the venues, hotels and attractions to ensure the trips and tours we operate are within the guidance issued by the UK government. If an area moves into Tier 3, then we will assess the situation and you will be contacted in due course if any of your bookings are affected.
There is a distinction between what is allowed when privately and informally planned compared to what a business can now safely and legally offer.
The new legal prohibition is designed to enable the authorities to crack down on privately and informally organised gatherings where no social distancing or face coverings are being used or observed and comes on the back of rises in positive tests among younger people.
Here is the important distinction from the guidance that applies to coach trips and group visits:
1. Businesses and venues following COVID-19 Secure guidelines can host larger groups.
2. Premises or locations which are COVID-19 Secure will be able to hold more than 30 people, subject to their own capacity limits, although any individual groups should not interact with anyone outside of the group they are attending with.
In other words, group events are permitted when professionally organised by businesses who have made risk assessments and put in place good practices for Covid safety.
When booking our holidays and day trips, you are seated in your own bubbles, and then socially distanced from other passengers. For example, a single traveler will occupy a double seat and be asked to sit near the window. A couple or those in their family bubbles can sit together, but again will be socially distanced from other passengers. We are also asking for all passengers to wear a face covering whether that be a mask, visor, or snood (unless medically exempt).
We have robust covid secure policies in place, and our risk assessments are constantly monitored with any changes made with government guidance.
Im sorry for the long message, but we feel the need to make the distinction between what is legally permitted privately and what is permitted within a business setting.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.