Saturday 16th - Saturday 23rd May 2020
Saturday 5th - Saturday 12th September 2020
Single Room Supplement for both dates £125
Superior rooms available on request
- Door to Door service
- Return flights
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Park Hotel San Michele
- Drinks package with dinner
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- English speaking local guide during excursions
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
DAY 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to the Park Hotel San Michele, Martina Franca, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
• Drive tour through the southern Italian countryside to visit Ostuni, ‘La Citta Bianca’. Rising high above the vast olive carpeted plateau of the lower Murgia, Ostuni has long been an awe-inspiring sight for those travelling across Puglia.
• Alberobello, famous for its collection of Trulli, traditional dry-stone conical roofed dwellings which are mainly found in the Itria Valley. Alberobello has the largest collection of original buildings, many of which are still occupied today.
• Scenic coach drive to Matera for a walking tour of the town renowned for its cave-dwellings carved into the canyon. The cave-houses, or Sassi, where families once lived are now coming back to life as hotels, museums and restaurants.
• Lecce, nicknamed ‘Florence of the south’. Built in local soft creamy limestone with dazzling architectural surprises around every corner, Lecce is a minor Baroque masterpiece and its spider web of streets offers a range of vistas.
• Otranto, one of Puglia’s most charming towns. The imposing castle, thick perimeter walls and robust towers dominate much of the town, giving way to a small port, a series of sea fronted promenades with excellent restaurants, sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
• Trani, an instantly recognisable landmark for sailors navigating the Adriatic Sea over the centuries. Trani’s iconic seafront cathedral is one of the finest in Italy. The old town centre is a charming medieval network of streets with plenty of fine architecture arranged around the picturesque fishing port.
• 2 free full days to explore further at your own pace.
DAY 8: Today we leave Puglia, our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as medium-hard.
Park Hotel San Michele, Martina Franca ****
From a traditional farmhouse dating back to 1600 to a magnificent villa in the early 1900s, it is now a modern hotel in a superb location. Close to the centre of Martina Franca and the Old Town, the hotel also offers clients a delightful pool garden area ideal for relaxing and unwinding. All the rooms are en-suite with air-conditioning, mini-bar, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, hairdryer and telephone.
Swipe left and right
|Sat 16 May, 2020
CALL TO BOOK
|Sat 5 Sep, 2020