Friday 1st - Wednesday 6th May 2020
Oceanview Porthole window supplement from £150pp
Ocean view picture window supplement from £230pp
Superior ocean view picture window supplement from £350pp
Single Cabin Supplement: Please ask for details
- Door to door service
- Cabins are en-suite, air conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets & late night snacks
- All inclusive drinks
- Captain's drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret shows, live music and dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities and lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note – we do not include shore excursions. Full details will be sent in advance by Fred.Olsen.
DAY 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Newcastle to board Balmoral.
Highlights of the cruise include:
• Lysefjord. A stunning example of the Norwegian fjords' spectacular natural beauty. Carved into the landscape by glacier movement in the Ice Age approximately 10,000 years ago, Lysefjord is lined by magnificent mountains and dramatic cliff faces, some soaring over 1,000 metres high.
• The picturesque village of Eidfjord, set within the breath-taking Hardangerfjord, it is the gateway to some of the region's most spectacular natural features. Located beneath a back-drop of soaring snow peaked mountains, engraved with rivers and waterfalls. On an excursion, visitors can head to the amazing Hardangervidda Nature Centre or the infamous Voringfossen Waterfall, set deep in the mountains of the Mabodalen Valley.
• Norway’s second longest fjord Ulvikafjord, is surrounded by soaring mountains and lush-green valleys and leads to the beautiful village of Ulvik. Be sure to have your camera to hand to take advantage of the fantastic photo opportunities as your ship slices through the still blue waters of the fjord.
• Hardangerfjord, known as the queen of fjords. The best way to enjoy this incredible fjord is to sail along its 197km, enjoying the spellbinding scenery, towering mountains, waterfalls and idyllic orchards.
• Bergen, a city steeped in maritime heritage. Don’t miss the chance to visit the 900-year-old UNESCO listed Bryggen Wharf or climb the cobbled stairways lined with traditional halftimbered buildings. Bergen has a vibrant fish market and not to be missed is a chance to ride the Funicular Railway to the top of Mount Floyen, offering spectacular panoramic views of Bergen and its scenic surroundings.
• 1 day at sea
DAY 6: We cruise back into Newcastle to meet your Door to Door service home.
Balmoral is a classically styled ship exuding a friendly atmosphere and a home-from-home feel. It is the newest and largest ship in the fleet. There is a range of dining options available to suit all tastes and a fantastic selection of bars and lounges.
Swipe left and right
|Fri 1 May, 2020
CALL TO BOOK