Thursday 17th - Thursday 24th September 2020
Ocean view porthole window supplement from £150pp
Ocean view picture window supplement from £290pp
Superior ocean view pciture window supplement from £450pp
Single Cabin Supplement: Please ask for details
- Door to door service
- Cabins are en-suite, air conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets & late night snacks
- All inclusive drinks package
- Captain's drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret shows, live music and dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities and lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note – we do not include shore excursions. Full details will be sent in advance by Fred.Olsen.
DAY 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Dover to board Balmoral.
Highlights of the cruise include:
• Straddling the Weser River is the maritime city of Bremen. The Hanseatic Gothic architecture in the Marktplatz and narrow timber buildings in the Schnoor Quarter are the standout highlights in the oldest part of the city. The ornate Gothic Town Hall, originally built between 1405 and 1410, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• 2 days cruising along the Kiel Canal. One of the world’s most important shipping routes, connecting the North Sea, at the mouth of the River Elbe to the Baltic Sea. Take in gorgeous scenes of lushgreen countryside and picturesque villages along its still waters.
• Warnemünde, a delightful seaside town on the coast of the Baltic Sea is one of Germany’s most popular holiday resorts. With its wide sandy beaches, traditional pubs and fantastic restaurants serving locally caught seafood.
• Cruise the River Elbe. One of the main waterways of Central Europe stretching from the Czech Republic to the North Sea. Sailing to Hamburg, you'll take in views of the lush-green German countryside, pass by pretty river islands and nature reserves such as Schwarztonnensand and Pagensand and the delightful towns of Glückstadt and Brunsbüttel.
• Vibrant, cosmopolitan and historic Hamburg, Germany’s principal port. Hamburg is awash with historic buildings and monuments typical of Hanseatic heritage. The steeple of St. Nikolai – a church almost destroyed in World War II, the 17th century Zollenbrücke Bridge and Hamburg Rathaus are must-visit sites. The amazing Miniatur Wunderland museum is highly recommended, as is the UNESCO-listed Kontorhaus District.
• 1 day at sea.
DAY 8: We disembark in Dover and meet your Door to Door service home.
Balmoral is a classically styled ship exuding a friendly atmosphere and a home-from-home feel. It is the newest and largest ship in the fleet. There is a range of dining options available to suit all tastes and a fantastic selection of bars and lounges.
Swipe left and right
|Thu 17 Sep, 2020
CALL TO BOOK